Volunteerism is a cornerstone of the Village model, drawing upon the untapped capacity of people in our communities to support each other.
Our Village has a “volunteer-first” policy, finding a qualified volunteer to fulfill a request before referring members to a commercial vendor.
Ashby Village volunteers include members, their children, college students, empty nesters, retirees, and many others from the community.
Some of the benefits volunteers experience include:
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
Supporting members with daily living needs
- Staying active – physically, mentally and socially
- Connecting with others, and feeling part of community
- Putting talents, skills and capacities to good use
- Paying it forward – knowing that someday each of us will also need support
- Providing transportation to medical appointments
- Helping with minor household repair
- Computer support
- Pet Care
- Friendly visitor
Supporting the organization
Volunteer to Volunteer (V2V) Program:
- Graphic Design
- Managing Projects
- Administrative Support
groups of volunteers working together in several ways:
- Village Hearts N' Hands: doing projects together at member homes, e.g., gardening, organizing, repairs, painting, etc.
- Volunteer B' Cause: assisting local non-profit organizations who need help with specific projects
- Play-It-Forward: fun activities that offer a chance to get to know other volunteers while having a good time. Check out video of our day of fun: Dragon Max boat racing!
Connections Team: matches specific Ashby Village volunteers with members who need periodic or on-going check-ins or companionship visits. This team promotes ongoing relationships between the member and volunteer.
Ashby Village • 1821 Catalina Ave • Berkeley, CA 94707 • (510) 204-9200